If you want to excel and be better in your work, do more of what you do and do it better.
Exception: it does not work.
If you want to excel and be more in your work, do this:
- Go for a 10 minute walk after every 90 minutes
- Deliberately avoid the company of energy suckers (you are not aware how much of your fame and fortune they are costing you)
- Replace the above people with game changers (and if you don’t have any,
readchew books of Steve Jobs, Edison, Norman Vincent Peale, Rhonda Byrne)
- Exercise six days a week. No exception
- Give more than you are paid
- Do not ever speak ill of a colleague behind their back
- Give people your attention, i.e., be sans devices. Your 10 minute undivided attention is much more than 60 minute blue screen focussed attention
All these are the cement and the PoP and mortar and water and wiring and pipes and paint that make the building of bricks look like it is made up of bricks and nothing else.