Recently had the fantastic opportunity to read Shoe Dog, the memoir of Phil Knight, the creator of the popular brand Nike. The exquisite reading stirred within me lots of provocative ideas to think and act upon, and it would be super pleasure to share out the same with you.
So here we go:
- Happiness comes from pursuing a calling: a calling to make the world better through the products or services we have created. This calling has different terminology for everyone. Find yours, and be relentless, till the time we are alive.
- Difficulties are Nature’s/God’s/Universe’s ways of telling you are doing something exemplarily great. So embrace and acknowledge the difficulty, listen to your heart, and doing this will give you the most beautiful lessons of life. The only people without problems are the dead ones.
- Heart to heart conversations are the keys to flourishing relationships. The memoir presents beautiful pictures wherein great or lack of communication changed the whole game for the author.
- Make time to rest. You will get your best ideas when your mind is out with nature and enjoying simple pleasures of life.
- Speak your truth. Be honest and ethical, no matter what. And also learn to stand for what is right, even when the entire world is okay with the wrong.
- Lastly, give yourself a goal something bigger than yourself, along with taking great care of yourself. Because your mission, bigger than yourself, both at workplace and in the family, will be fulfilled only when you are present to change the world.
I am sure these insights helped you out in creating a better world. Do go out and read this phenomenal book, and also share this blog post with a friend who you know will be elevated by this.
If you have not yet read my book “This is What You Are Looking For” grab your copy at Amazon and also leave a review. Also, share in the comments below about the action steps arising out of today’s blog post. Together we will change the world: one game changing move at a time, by every single one of us.