A part of the work I do has these processes:
- Go through the rough draft the client sent
- Create a clickworthy post out of it
- It gets posted on social media.
Mostly, the post is about adding value. Sometimes, that value added comes with some backlash from people (that is one of the secrets of getting viral…more about that later btw :D)
Now, there are two types of people I work with:
- Whenever the backlash from people points at the author (aka yours truly), my clients straight away state that they are the author. I love that so so soooo much! Standing as a guard to protect their people. Awesome folks they are 🙂
- They highlight a tiny spelling mistake for two consecutive weekly meetings. My writing for them hardly generates any virality. Because what they are always talking about is how will the people that know him, will respond.
I just love the type 1 clients. Never argue with them for money. They pay whatever I ask. Never interfere. Rather I request them to interfere.
Find clients like those, and keep upping your game. You will be left with awe, work you love, and most importantly, self respect.