What is the cost of living life on your own terms?
You will be criticised by people who aren’t living their life on their own terms.
Don’t blame them, have sympathy for them.
Don’t wait for them to say sorry, you forgive them.
More than anything else, don’t stop when they want to live life according to you. They aren’t happy, you please don’t give up on yours because of their lack of it. The best way to make someone happy is to be happy yourself
There was one instance last week, where my Mom needed my help.
And I couldn’t.
More so, I’m glad I couldn’t.
I do not have membership of any OTT: Netflix, Prime, Hotstar – none.
This is something that I’m proud of – for saving hours of my precious time.
So last week when my Mom missed an episode of a serial, she asked me to search for it in Hotstar app.
And lo’ an behold, as much a techie I am, I couldn’t search for it! Tried and made errors, still no success!
A beautiful example of why ignorance is bliss and superpower sometimes.
While my Mom managed to forgive me, I just loved this non-awareness of mine.
Our mind, of course, is a beautiful garden that doesn’t deserve the seeds of hatred from the TV.
Do you have such a weird habit?
1. Never type an e-mail in an impulse.
2. Attend lesser (read: no) parties.
3. Don’t assume, simply ask.
4. If at all you assume about people, assume the most positive outcome. Assuming about work isn’t even allowed until made clear.
Naval Ravikant daily.
Trust yourself, as much as you trust others.
Trust yourself more often.
Trust others more often.
Trust the pain, because it solely is responsible for making you enjoy the joy of life.
Trust your hard work, it never goes to vain.
Trust your parents, even when you don’t want to.
Trust your friends, they are there for you – anytime and any place.
Trust your work, coz it will go out into the world and do more good.
More than anything else, trust yourself. You have handled worse in the past. This too, shall pass.
For several months, I’ve been trying to change a habit of mine, which is: to not check work related WhatsApp messages and emails on Sundays.
However, despite multiple efforts, wasn’t able to get off the habit.
Same thing happened yesterday. I attended to work messages in the first half.
In the second half, I went to play badminton with my nephews and nieces. As a result, when I came back, still I didn’t open their WhatsApps. I didn’t have the urge in the first place!
It shows the power of physical activity on our mind, and how much controlling power we have.
No matter how important or urgent the work is, nothing is more important than the much-needed nothingness.
The story of overnight success.
1. The “rasoda” jam singer Yashraj Mukhate recently moved from 30K+ followers on Instagram to 943K+ followers.
2. The singer Lisa Mishra recorded a combo of “Taareefaan” and “Let me love you” and few days later, she was called by Rhea Kapoor to sing a playback.
3. Elizabeth Gilbert was struggling before “Eat Pray Love’ came up, after which she even graced the Oscars.
What we see as overnight success of all these people, we fail to recognise that:
1. They had been creating content for long before the “overnight success” happened.
2. The life altering success happened just once, however they continued their relevance by working hard on future projects, instead of being complacent.
What is this trying to teach us?
1. It takes the good old hard work to get to the success.
2. It takes hard work even when we don’t feel like doing it.
3. Maybe very few of us will have this overnight success, however, we will always have a version of success where we were proud while going to bed, instead of being regretful.
It’s a choice we get to make, every single day.
What is the cost of your dreams?
You will be misunderstood. You will be ridiculed. You will be criticised.
Photo by Jill Wellington on Pexels.com
All of this will happen at the times you need the most support.
All of this will happen when you least expect it. All this will happen when you need a clean mind to execute on your dreams.
Despite this, please continue!
Despite this, please move ahead!
Because if you don’t, those people have already won. And you know what, those people are not intending anything bad against you, they just don’t know better.
And if you’ll follow them, won’t that be the same treatment to yourself?
The goal of all problems is just one:
To get you closer to your goals and your Best Self.
Use your problems to get better. And show
the world yourself about how strong you are.
When you’re not listening to your heart, things will fall apart.
When you do things that you don’t want to, things will still fall apart.
When you sell your soul, there would be nothing left.
Living life on your terms is difficult – this is the thought process fit into our brain.
However, when you live life on the terms of the society by killing yourself daily, you are already dead.
The best life advice ever is: Life life on your own terms. Everything else will just fall for you. (Try falling for yourself, baby! )
We feel great when they badmouth others. Yet we feel superbad when someone else does it for us.
We do not feel anything while making others feel lonely. Yet we never want to feel that emotion ourselves.
We love to be loved. Yet do not love.
We feel great on doing something and useless on doing nothing – whereas doing nothing makes doing something worthwhile.
We want more time, yet are poor managers of our own.
The irony that needs to be solved in the world starts with one person solving it for themselves.
1. If you want to capture your truth to show it to others, you have already started living a lie.
2. A great life is where you are humble even when you don’t know how to.
3. Protecting your mindset is the best insurance.
4. Challenging yourself is the best safety.
5. And a little reminder: You are the product of five people you hang around with.