Have you tried drinking plain cold milk? Without sugar or chocolate?
If yes, you know it has a calming effect.
Alternatively, if we drink warm milk without sugar, it is kind of weird. We need to add sugar to make it a bit better.
That is how life is. When we are chilled out, we are sweet naturally. When we are hot or angry, we have to make efforts to get sweetness.
We decide, which milk to be.
“As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen This is one of the tiniest books I’ve ever read, containing just 56 pages, however, each time I pick it up, I get a new direction to my thought. Here’s sharing the 18 timeless lessons from the book:
- A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts,
- The alteration in a man’s circumstances is in the exact ratio to his altered mental condition.
- The soul attracts what it secretly harbours, that which it loves, and also that which it fears.
- Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are.
- Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals him to himself.
- Men are anxious to improve their circumstance but are unwilling to improve themselves, they therefore remain bound.
- Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results, bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results.
- A perfectly pure and enlightened being could not suffer.
- Men imagine that thought can be kept secret, but it cannot; it rapidly crystallises into habit and habit solidifies into circumstance.
- Change of diet will not help a man who will not change his thoughts.
- He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure.
- Those who have no central purpose in their life fall an easy prey to petty worries, fears, troubles, and self pities, all of which are an indication of weaknesses.
- As a man thinks, so he is; as he continues to think, so he remains.
- Achievement, of whatever kind, is the crown of effort, the diadem of thought.
- Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become.
- Into your hands will be placed the exact result of your thoughts.
- The strong, calm man is always loved and revered. He is like a shade-giving tree in a thirsty land, or a sheltering rock in storm.
- Self Control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power.
The book is easy to read, and needs to be read over and over again. If you could do yourself and your life a favour, get one here, today, PLEASE!
And when you’ve read it, reach out to me to let me know which one line are you going to take with yourself as a reminder. I’d look forward 🙂
These life lessons are deep, and never shared.
Here you go:
- Imitate the one you want to become. Allow for no deviation with lesser standards.
- A drunkard doesn’t have awareness of the world around them. Are you so much drunk in what you have and what you are becoming, that you don’t have awareness of the negativity and poison around you?
- A phone connection is flawless when we have a clear network. Is your network to your intuition clear, or is it flawed by opinions of others?
- Desire is the seed of killing yourself, if you know you know.
- Being kind and having sweetness in your demeanour isn’t a waste. It is, in fact, the best thing you could do to yourself. And the world, which by default worships the rare diamonds.
PS: Number 6 — Diamonds are formed under pressure 🙂
Two months back, I had lost a high-paying client.
Though there was a good lot of other work from other clients as well, this loss did affect me – at least emotionally.
So one morning at around 8:45 am, I was sitting in my room and pondering, when I saw my father. He was being his normal self, making the wick for the diya, and lighting it up with ease and gratitude.
And that moment – in a moment of nothingness, something happened.
I don’t know what, but something just hit me!
Read the entire story here.
Some money lessons:
- If you want to earn more and you do have the capability and credentials for that, don’t settle for a less-paying job or contract. No one will respect you if you won’t.
- Pay credit card bill immediately after making the transaction. You will have reward points, AND you will not see a HUGE bill at the end of the month.
Tell me, have you tried these and succeeded?
- The person you are holding responsible for your misery – isn’t responsible for it. Your thoughts are.
Take this from someone who was holding grudge against someone close for over a month, only to realise that the thoughts create destiny.
2. Party is a very very tiny slice of multiple multi-layered thing called life. Take care of your life and the party takes care of itself.
3. Do yourself a favour. And read more books and hang around less people who are hurt.
1. Trust others. As much as you trust yourself. Even more.
2. Stop proving yourself. Everyone has a perspective filter.
3. Goodness is questioned. Still be good.
4. It will get better. Remember, trust yourself?
5. If no one is misunderstanding you, you aren’t breaking much ceilings.
The story of overnight success.
1. The “rasoda” jam singer Yashraj Mukhate recently moved from 30K+ followers on Instagram to 943K+ followers.
2. The singer Lisa Mishra recorded a combo of “Taareefaan” and “Let me love you” and few days later, she was called by Rhea Kapoor to sing a playback.
3. Elizabeth Gilbert was struggling before “Eat Pray Love’ came up, after which she even graced the Oscars.
What we see as overnight success of all these people, we fail to recognise that:
1. They had been creating content for long before the “overnight success” happened.
2. The life altering success happened just once, however they continued their relevance by working hard on future projects, instead of being complacent.
What is this trying to teach us?
1. It takes the good old hard work to get to the success.
2. It takes hard work even when we don’t feel like doing it.
3. Maybe very few of us will have this overnight success, however, we will always have a version of success where we were proud while going to bed, instead of being regretful.
It’s a choice we get to make, every single day.
1. Maturity in life is accepting that someone in family that was closest to you dome day, isn’t close anymore.
2. When you don’t check an email / notification immediately because it isn’t important, you become more powerful. (PS: 95% aren’t important.)
3. Speak your truth even when your voice shakes. The only person going to be with you from start of life to end is you, and if you don’t speak your truth, do you really want to live with a liar all your life?
4. Parkinson’s Law is as real as gravity.
5. Focus. Focus. Focus is the ultimate asset.
1. Taking notes while reading is an excellent way to grasp (and re-read) important information.
2. Don’t worry about the next 8 years, think about the next 8 days and executing super hard on them.
3. “Don’t charge for how much time it takes you. Charge for the value you provide.” – Ankur Warikoo
4. Hanging around with the right people is priceless. Even if you’re paid less, figuring out how to earn money from other sources would be easier.
5. What you think about, you being about. Never the other way round.
6. Spending less time on Twitter and Instagram is a phenomenal saving of your time. Time = money. Period.
7. Feeling sad is a habit more than circumstances. So is feeling happy no matter what.