Recent life lessons from being a manager:
- When you do something that might come as offensive to the other person but in reality happens as a result of their neglect, sometimes mentioning the reason why you did it is important.
- People who are assets won’t give away their work (under pressure) even if you ask them to. The good way is to ask the one who is filling in for them, to take work from them. Always works!
- You may try your best to help a non-performing team member – by asking questions, suggesting them, presenting your PoVs. If they still don’t move, start taking actions and FYI-ing them. Not because you want to dominate them. NO! You’ve already tried your best. Rather because you do not want the work to suffer anymore, if the person responsible for it anyway can’t take ownership.
1. Staring out of the balcony
2. Writing without editing (this blog is the only place where I write without editing)
3. Blessing those who hurt you
There is certainly ONE cool kid around you.
The one wearing a high attitude.
The one whose WhatsApp messages everyone responds to.
Here’s the truth about those cool kids:
- They are suffering a lot inside
- So they use that coolness to mask it
- And not treat others well
- And get to feel good about themselves
- And the cycle continues
Here’s what you should bear in mind, whenever you come across these cool kids in whose company you don’t feel welcome:
- Respect your own journey
- Move on
- Bless them
The ones who make others suffer, are the ones who are suffering hugely inside.
I returned to Delhi yesterday.
Was waiting for this for long.
Still, I miss Mom. And Papa. And kids. And the drama 🙂
Change is hard. However, change is what we must.
Maybe I will go back. Maybe I won’t.
Not pronouncing any decision as of now.
But really trying to spend time with myself.
And telling myself, “It’s okay. You will get through this.”
A 20 year old kid asked me what life lessons I would want to download to her?
Here’s just 3 of them:
– Say yes to opportunities more often
– Say NO to people more often
– Never miss out on workouts, meditation and 20 mins of reading
Have a rocking decade (and life)!
I usually read e-books on the Kindle device, instead of the app.
Few days back, I happened to open the Kindle app on my phone to show it to my Mom.
Since then, I haven’t closed the app, and I happen to read 2 pages daily.
We don’t need a new life. We simply need new hooks to the existing life.
Our biggest problem is believing someone else is responsible for our problems.
If we realise this is our biggest problem, all of a sudden, we gain power over our problems.
Isn’t that magical?
Today I was talking to my therapist, and I don’t know how I spoke about two different sides of me:
The one is the kiddish side of me who wants to come out, and the other is the side that is expected to be mature.
And she said a line: “If people around us are not giving us that space, you better go take it.”
She also went on to tell a story, saying if you are sitting on a bench in a park, enjoying your view, and someone comes and sits next to you, what would you do?
“I’ll get up and leave!”
“Most people would shift a bit, then again shift a bit if they come closer, and over time, they would just fall of the bench. In the process, they also ruin their view. What if you just claim that view to be yours, that no one can take away?”
“I agree, I just get up and leave from such views, and keep wandering…”
OMG, she makes me speak such truths about myself that are so buried inside!
Now she has given me a task to be more spontaneous and less calculative during the week. Fingers crossed :))
A new TIL series (will post it each time when I have some TILs):
- Firm + assertive
- Silence is golden. And it is diamond when it comes from within.
- Don’t take anything seriously. But take it seriously.
The best meditators tell you that you do not need commentary to meditate.
Except, when I don’t.
It is quite understandable that when your brain is performing at its best, it does not need commentary.
However, if it is surrounded by loads of noise (real and virtual) from outside, it is never wrong to pick up commentary.
As you gain mastery, the need for commentary reduces.
The goal of meditation is to calm your self, not to repeat the uncalm version during the time you had set apart for meditation.