- The vibes with which your food is cooked (Always radiating purity and power to food for 30 secs works like a charm).
- The people you follow on social media (Unfollow without notifying people is the best thing that could have happened.)
- The WA groups you are in (I delete WA group chats without even seeing them!)
If I go back to Nishtha of 5 years back, I would be ambitious. having a list of goals, wanting to go to TED, 30 Under 30, and certainly a Maybach.
Right now, I’m enjoying the process.
I’m working super hard.
I love my work.
I take my breaks.
All of this is so fulfilling, that the need for validation just goes away. It just does.
And what is left with, is the feeling of letting go of the need of success.
The success that you feel, when you let go of the need of success, is true success!
I was super charged because of two things today:
- Animal flow workout
- Dancing – on videos by Team Naach (Gotta make it a daily feature)
- Taking out an hour just to read
It turns out, it takes the simplest of things to solve complex life problems.
1. I could list out thirty things
2. But you already know of
3. The One Thing that will change your life.
It is all about what you do right now, once you know that you know.
When I was in Class 6, I wrote my first poetry.
In Class 9, I asked my English teacher: “What shall I do in order for you to give me more than 7 out of 10 marks, in the Writing section?”
In Class 10 and 12, I was the national topper in English language.
In University exams, I got 63 out of 70 in English and Commercial Communication – the only exam I did not study ANYTHING! (Don’t know who the topper was :D)
In the 3 months vacation after giving CA exams, I ended up writing my first book!
In 5 years after writing that first book, I was finally able to let go of a stable career as an Internal Auditor and plunge into writing full-time.
What we see that happens suddenly, has years of unseen practice that goes into it.
But here is what I know for sure:
1. Your heart knows it, before you know it.
2. Your life is always showing you signs, it is just you – who has to stop and listen.
3. Your journey is always going to be different from someone who “made it before you.” But still, your journey is yours. And you won’t want it different.
Even thebiggest happiness could being about a place of sadness if you happen to compare yourself to others.
Someone else, younger than you, is going to get all the things you have been waiting for.
Does it feel bad! Maybe yes.
Should it feel bad? The answer to this could never be yes.
What’s the solution, then? The solution is to put yourself in more I more situations like these because that only would help you work harder and challenge yourself more often.
Think over it. Someone else won, you lost; and then you created your own plan of confidence a reality.
1. The things that used to upset you do that anymore. Not even in your mind.
2. You learn from the times you lost money and don’t make the same money mistakes again.
3. You don’t lay the same expectations on people, if they have willingly proved they don’t want to stay true to the relationship (even blood relationships).
4. You find a way to laugh even amidst chaos.
5. You have replaced anger for people with empathy and sometimes even sympathy.
Growing up necessarily doesn’t mean in age. You may be in your 70’s and never learnt to control your anger.
Growth is a choice. The one that we make every single day.
In the absence of which, we just die.
Off-late I have started teaching Maths to my nephew and niece.
9th standard kids. Unable to understand it in Zoom classes. So we do another Zoom whiteboard instead 🙂
Here’s what few days of teaching have taught me:
1. Be enthusiastic with kids and they will reflect that back every day.
2. If you clear their basics, they will we propelled themselves to go to RD Sharma (I know!) to do further.
3. Damn their innocent voice! Or maybe its my love for them <3
I discovered one about myself: To accept everyone at their own speed instead of expecting everyone to be at the same one.
Life gets so much better when you hang out with the right people, in whatever manner 🙂
Today I’ll share some strange things about me. Which are 100% true.
- I’ve NEVER had a WiFi at my place. Because I don’t watch any show. So why do you need to screw yourself all the time with the Internet?
- That said, never watched any IPL match ever. Ever.
- I don’t order out. The last time I had Zomato on my phone was in (the first week of) March 2020 when I was travelling for a work assignment.
- Exited family groups. Yes, I’m allergic to negativity.
- I miss out 99% of family gatherings :)))
With that, there’s a strange twitter thread I wrote about how I work only for two hours per day. There you go! Enjoy 🙂
If you feel you have less work to do today
And it’s okay if you put off the most important task to later
Just to waste a few minutes here and there
The Law of Productivity (that no one uses the nomenclature of, however, it exists), says that you will still be unproductive till the end of the day.