I also want to have as much engagement as GaryVee.
I also want to have as many views as MostlySane.
I also want to not think a bit before buying Zara clothes.
I also want to…
We want to do a ton of things.
And probably that will take a lot of time.
That’s not the problem.
Problem is that we are not even starting.
Problem is that we keep waiting for that ride without getting out on the road.
Problem is we don’t trust ourselves.
Problem is, we don’t even know that we are the problem.
How will we ever get what we want, if we never get out of our own way and take action?
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
What is it that you are waiting for?
You may be the popular kid. Or you may be not.
You may be the boss/teacher’s favourite. Or you may be not.
But there is something that could never be taken from you:
1. Hard work.
2. Beginner’s mindset.
3. Signing up to do the work that you could play politics on and get away with.
4. Taking responsibility.
5. Doing 1-4 even when it is difficult.
It’s not easy. That’s why totally worth it.
Had decided to not work today.
But opened up the laptop and did an hour of writing. Felt like bliss.
Up until last Diwali when I used to have a job I didn’t like, I never opened the laptop for the 5 days of Diwali. Now that isn’t the case, thankfully:)
This is what true love is 💖
Keep looking, and don’t settle.
– Steve Jobs
Have you heard Robert Frost’s poem: “Stopping by woods on a snowy evening?”
The last lines of the poem look like:
The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep…
A lot of your friends / foes (lol) would be using these lines.
This morning, as I was dealing with a challenge, a place where I particularly get best of my ideas. So, while writing a piece of content, here’s what I came up with:
The woods may not be lovely or dark or deep,
But you still have promises to keep (to yourself)
And nowhere to go (other than within) to have a peaceful sleep.
That’s scary. That’s hard. But standing for yourself is the best thing you could do to yourself, because how will you change the world if your own bones are fractured? How will you?
What you have, someone is insecure about having.
What gives you pain, someone is researching that.
What you have, you had worked hard to get there.
Be grateful. And forget the fear.
Happiness is contagious.
And our habits are killer.
We go where we want to go in life, based on what we do and who we are.
So if you want better things in life, be a better human being. The infection is contagious.
1. You are doing your best. Stop beating yourself up.
2. You have a lot of power. You just need to check the leakage.
3. It takes a strong human being to always be looking for good. Be that tough human being.
4. Talk to yourself. Your need to scroll Instagram would vanish.
5. To walk your own path requires courage. It isn’t disrespectful of anyone, as long as you are not disrespecting them.
6. To stay silent in a throng of un-wise words is a measure of immense inner power.
7. To speak your truth even when your voice shakes is being powerful (again).
8. Standing for yourself isn’t selfish.
9. Being there to understand is a mark of an understanding human being.
10. It is very very easy to get caught up in the celebrity and blitz of the world, share the photographs of “your perfect world” and the new things you bought. If you do not use social media to generate this triviality in others nor to consume it yourself, you’re already ahead of the majority of the world.
Small reminders. Small life. Make your time worth it! 😇
- Ability to never drift away when the world tries to.
- Trying to listen to the pains of others and healing them emotionally.
- Ability to say no.
- Ability to say yes to what’s right
Bonus: Ability to discern between 4 and 5 🙂
Everyone on the internet is doing fine.
And looking wonderful in their stories.
Which, of course, is a great thing.
However, bring me a successful person and I will show you the number of times they failed. Success is a numbers game. Zero exceptions. You can, of course, inherit wealth however what you do after that – become Mukesh Ambani or Anil Ambani is up to you.
So when you think it is only you who is scared while everyone else is already writing their autobiographies, remember that scene from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. where Ross is broken and shattered seeing Rachel going, and he says in a hoarse queer voice, “I’m fine!” That’s exactly the voice of the internet is. Trust your process, look up to people for inspiration, however, never ever mistrust or doubt your hard work. Because, no one ever clicks a selfie while feeling sad sitting in their balcony. Everyone will put a happy selfie, that perhaps a fake one just to join the bandwagon of impressing the social media that they are also like them.
What is the cost of living life on your own terms?
You will be criticised by people who aren’t living their life on their own terms.
Don’t blame them, have sympathy for them.
Don’t wait for them to say sorry, you forgive them.
More than anything else, don’t stop when they want to live life according to you. They aren’t happy, you please don’t give up on yours because of their lack of it. The best way to make someone happy is to be happy yourself