Even thebiggest happiness could being about a place of sadness if you happen to compare yourself to others.
Someone else, younger than you, is going to get all the things you have been waiting for.
Does it feel bad! Maybe yes.
Should it feel bad? The answer to this could never be yes.
What’s the solution, then? The solution is to put yourself in more I more situations like these because that only would help you work harder and challenge yourself more often.
Think over it. Someone else won, you lost; and then you created your own plan of confidence a reality.
1. The things that used to upset you do that anymore. Not even in your mind.
2. You learn from the times you lost money and don’t make the same money mistakes again.
3. You don’t lay the same expectations on people, if they have willingly proved they don’t want to stay true to the relationship (even blood relationships).
4. You find a way to laugh even amidst chaos.
5. You have replaced anger for people with empathy and sometimes even sympathy.
Growing up necessarily doesn’t mean in age. You may be in your 70’s and never learnt to control your anger.
Growth is a choice. The one that we make every single day.
In the absence of which, we just die.
Off-late I have started teaching Maths to my nephew and niece.
9th standard kids. Unable to understand it in Zoom classes. So we do another Zoom whiteboard instead 🙂
Here’s what few days of teaching have taught me:
1. Be enthusiastic with kids and they will reflect that back every day.
2. If you clear their basics, they will we propelled themselves to go to RD Sharma (I know!) to do further.
3. Damn their innocent voice! Or maybe its my love for them <3
I discovered one about myself: To accept everyone at their own speed instead of expecting everyone to be at the same one.
Life gets so much better when you hang out with the right people, in whatever manner 🙂
Today I’ll share some strange things about me. Which are 100% true.
- I’ve NEVER had a WiFi at my place. Because I don’t watch any show. So why do you need to screw yourself all the time with the Internet?
- That said, never watched any IPL match ever. Ever.
- I don’t order out. The last time I had Zomato on my phone was in (the first week of) March 2020 when I was travelling for a work assignment.
- Exited family groups. Yes, I’m allergic to negativity.
- I miss out 99% of family gatherings :)))
With that, there’s a strange twitter thread I wrote about how I work only for two hours per day. There you go! Enjoy 🙂
If you feel you have less work to do today
And it’s okay if you put off the most important task to later
Just to waste a few minutes here and there
The Law of Productivity (that no one uses the nomenclature of, however, it exists), says that you will still be unproductive till the end of the day.
When riches come, they come in so much abundance that you would keep wondering where they had been hiding for so long – Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich.
However, richness is a state of mind. When you know you are rich, nothing can stop you. When you have accepted you are poor, no one can stop you either.
That said, why do we believe we are poor?
Because that is what we have been inculated since childhood.
Because we have been taught that money is evil.
Because we think money makes you bad.
PS: I am talking about all forms of wealth, not just cash.
Here is the thing: When we have more of anything, it just makes us a magnified version of who we are.
And who we are, is a choice we make every single day.
So, what is the choice we’re making today?
The world is filled with wonderful people. And I mean it!
However, it is heartbreaking to see those really capable not hold themselves accountable for everything in their lives.
For example, some of the excuses that are given that shouldn’t exist:
- I couldn’t find that influencer’s email:
O c’mon Bro! Digging out emails, creating permutations and combinations, and checking if the email is right is exactly what uncle Google is your home page. We can find out ANYONE’s email ID, if we are willing to do the research 🙂
- You are strong, so you can do it:
Strong people become strong on the pillar of tons of tears and wisdom of words from the right books to minutest minutes of meditation that we think are insignificant. Being strong is a choice, and this comes from someone who has been through valleys of weakness and now does not allow those weaknesses to touch her.
- I have registered this event in my mind:
Someone does something bad to us once by mistake and we forget all the good they did to us as well as all the time we spent in building that relationship. Is that the value we want to place to the people we love?
We are a product of either of two things: the imaginations we create without a limit or the non-existent limits we place on ourselves daily.
There are good friends. We all have them.
Those who understand us, are there for us, but show their true colours some time or the other.
Then there are best friends.
You don’t talk to them often. Hardly chat on the phone.
But they are true to you – with you or without you.
Having such friends is priceless. And if you don’t have one, are you that “one” friend for yourself?
5 things only rich people do because poor people cannot afford to do them:
- Forgive others and themselves (the one who feels insulted is the one who has a ton of ego. The rich, forgive without being asked for it.)
- Taking care of their health as well as mind.
- Think of others
- Think of themselves
- Give without letting anyone know
Don’t you think so?
Creativity is a weird companion.
Exactly 24 hours back, I was bursting with ideas to write blogs on.
Right now, I don’t know what to write.
Seems like creativity has been infidel to me and left me. Except that isn’t. Because creativity is a process. If you show up, it always does.
If you are reading this blog post till here, you know that creativity has kept up. Because I kept my promise of writing this post.
Creativity is always loyal. If we are.