Don’t get inspired by people’s success on social media, their blue tick, the content they create, how much money they make, what all they have done, etc.
Rather, get inspired by their courage, the vibes they give, the joy you feel being around them, and most importantly, how much do you get to execute from them to their lives.
Worshipping people is easy.
Because it puts blinders on our wisdom and makes us pure devotees.
Getting inspired by their hard work is tough.
Because now you will have to put in that hard work as well.
A call dropping off is a sign from the Universe that you don’t need to call back 🙂
A friend not talking is a sign of the Universe that you are not friends anyway.
A tight tee is a sign from the Universe that you need to lose more than the weight.
Signs are simply intuitions coming to life.
If I go back to Nishtha of 5 years back, I would be ambitious. having a list of goals, wanting to go to TED, 30 Under 30, and certainly a Maybach.
Right now, I’m enjoying the process.
I’m working super hard.
I love my work.
I take my breaks.
All of this is so fulfilling, that the need for validation just goes away. It just does.
And what is left with, is the feeling of letting go of the need of success.
The success that you feel, when you let go of the need of success, is true success!
I was super charged because of two things today:
- Animal flow workout
- Dancing – on videos by Team Naach (Gotta make it a daily feature)
- Taking out an hour just to read
It turns out, it takes the simplest of things to solve complex life problems.
1. I could list out thirty things
2. But you already know of
3. The One Thing that will change your life.
It is all about what you do right now, once you know that you know.
When I was in Class 6, I wrote my first poetry.
In Class 9, I asked my English teacher: “What shall I do in order for you to give me more than 7 out of 10 marks, in the Writing section?”
In Class 10 and 12, I was the national topper in English language.
In University exams, I got 63 out of 70 in English and Commercial Communication – the only exam I did not study ANYTHING! (Don’t know who the topper was :D)
In the 3 months vacation after giving CA exams, I ended up writing my first book!
In 5 years after writing that first book, I was finally able to let go of a stable career as an Internal Auditor and plunge into writing full-time.
What we see that happens suddenly, has years of unseen practice that goes into it.
But here is what I know for sure:
1. Your heart knows it, before you know it.
2. Your life is always showing you signs, it is just you – who has to stop and listen.
3. Your journey is always going to be different from someone who “made it before you.” But still, your journey is yours. And you won’t want it different.
Even thebiggest happiness could being about a place of sadness if you happen to compare yourself to others.
Someone else, younger than you, is going to get all the things you have been waiting for.
Does it feel bad! Maybe yes.
Should it feel bad? The answer to this could never be yes.
What’s the solution, then? The solution is to put yourself in more I more situations like these because that only would help you work harder and challenge yourself more often.
Think over it. Someone else won, you lost; and then you created your own plan of confidence a reality.
1. The things that used to upset you do that anymore. Not even in your mind.
2. You learn from the times you lost money and don’t make the same money mistakes again.
3. You don’t lay the same expectations on people, if they have willingly proved they don’t want to stay true to the relationship (even blood relationships).
4. You find a way to laugh even amidst chaos.
5. You have replaced anger for people with empathy and sometimes even sympathy.
Growing up necessarily doesn’t mean in age. You may be in your 70’s and never learnt to control your anger.
Growth is a choice. The one that we make every single day.
In the absence of which, we just die.
Good things happen when you don’t expect them to happen, and continue doing your hard work.
But hard work without smart work is donkey work.
Rather, working hard along with making your own way is the best kind of hard work that will yield results for you.
Making calculated efforts. Making better efforts. Working with effortless ease.
All of these, make good things happen 🙂