- The vibes with which your food is cooked (Always radiating purity and power to food for 30 secs works like a charm).
- The people you follow on social media (Unfollow without notifying people is the best thing that could have happened.)
- The WA groups you are in (I delete WA group chats without even seeing them!)
Self-control to not check WhatsApp because it is just a time-pass.
Self-control to block the negative people because you love yourself.
Self-control to sleep at a fixed time every night because early morning meditation and workout is superimportant to you.
Self-control to distance yourself from “friends” that drain your energy because you can’t love anyone unless you love yourself.
Self-control to have the self-control to not talk about this self-control in public and rather live by it, because doers rule the world.
Some quick lessons I learnt this week:
- Change is the only law of life. Don’t go by what someone said a month or six months ago. If they are positive, they’ll encourage you evolving. If they aren’t, then you don’t need to bother 🙂
- You will be judged, even when you have your finest intentions. The best thing you could do is still have those finest intentions because that is who you are!
- Being the bigger person and not taking credit for that is superpower!
- Just because everyone else in the team is submitting work late, don’t lower your standards and be the latecomer. Always be a day in advance. Your brand is built by what you do every day.
- Everyone is trying their best. Just because their best doesn’t match with your standards of worst, they need support. Not internal trolling from you.
- Twitter is the best way to improvise on your writing.
- Spending less time on WhatsApp and Instagram is the secret sauce to eternal happiness.
- Evening walks in the sun are therapeutic.
- People want the best for you, trust them! If they don’t, trust yourself!
- People will behave kiddish. Most don’t want to see that. So smile at them for who they are. And move on.
- Most of the times what we are crying for is NOT even happening! The best way to solve problems is through communication.
- Learning is the licence to happiness.
- You matter!
Here’s how we waste time (and where we shouldn’t):
- Checking social media for a minute and ending up wasting fifteen. Seven times a day.
- Thinking waste thoughts (no matter how much truth they hold).
- Stalking Virat and Anushka on Instagram.
- Thinking your parents did all the less-than-happening things to you, and you can’t change them now.
- Gossiping about that weakling in the group.
- Talking loudly (because it wastes energy, which in turn leaves less energy for important tasks which in turn, wastes energy).
- Watching Big Boss.
- Calling people (Bro, why do email and WhatsApp exist?)
- Listening to aunties chit chat
- Watching movies. (No matter how good a movie is, it keeps you hooked. Reading books is the rarest and the most precious gem of all. Always.)
Instagram stories shows the world what you are doing.
The only problem being: no one really gets happy on seeing the fact that you are doing great, and they aren’t!
The point then, is to have a life that others would want to draw inspiration and action from, instead of just allowing them to tap tap tap and criticise you and go away.
It’s a difficult process – to go away from what the world likes towards what they really really want.
The only easy process is eating mindlessly. Everything else takes efforts.
Set myself some goals for today.
Work goals, reading goals, phone-call goals, meditation goals.
Accomplished none of them fully. How much did I actually accomplish, doesn’t make sense because incompleteness is incompleteness.
Also I used social media for 1 hour! It was a big big wastage of time in the morning immediately after breakfast.
Lesson learnt: Own your morning ritual and the day falls into place.
Lesson I still need to learn: You get to decide. You control your day. If you focus, it’s possible in 25% of the time.
Lesson I must learn: No one loves you basis social media comments and likes. Sharing content is good just because you want to. Opening multiple tabs is equivalent to eating food without washing your hands – unwanted invitation.
Looking forward to telling you a success story tomorrow. Till then, keep rocking!
PS: I am strong, healthy and with my family. Life is fab. Utterly grateful. Will just raise it higher tomorrow:)
Maybe someone in your locality is using 50% of his income to support the daily wage earners.
Maybe a friend of yours is doing great stuff freelancing however they are not posting Instagram stories about it.
Perhaps the boss who is having huge understanding, is someone who invests 30 minutes daily in reading great books.
We happen to see a ton of greatness on social media, news and from people who want to be seen as great.
Yet a far majority of great people are the ones who are too busy.
Their busyness does not allow them to post it.
Also, their inner fulfilment does not mean to show it off either.
That’s true greatness. Greatness with the purpose of knowing they did the right thing. Not with the purpose of letting others know about your greatness.
Life is changing so much.
A lot of us started with Orkut, followed by Facebook. Now is the dominant Instagram, with TikTok taking over.
The power you have on your cellphone is more powerful than that a President had three decades back.
There is, however, one thing that remains constant from the day you were born till the date you leave this body.
I’ll talk about it in today’s podcast. Hope you enjoy it.
Like and comment.
You be The One:
Love yourself and appreciate others. There are very few people doing it.
Never comment on yourself and others. There are already a lot of people to do that.
You could be pointing out what others are doing wrong.
You could even show strict evidences against it and show them on social media.
You could even probably share how you reached that conclusion.
And that all may be right. A hundred percent.
With a bit of problem: when we dig out dirt, what invariably tags along is foul smell.
That’s what bad thoughts and useless actions and irrelevant comments do to us.
You are a priceless human being created in the glory of the creator that created You. Don’t accumulate dust by taking in everything what others are not doing right.