- You are confident of yourself.
- Others are not confident of yourself.
- You start doubting yourself.
- Others magnify that.
- You step back, and after a lot of hard work, get self confidence back.
And then you realise, the best way to deal with self doubt is to create your confidence in isolation without worrying about what others think of you.
And that’s awesome 🙂
Sometimes I get happy with good things happening.
Sometimes I get upset with not-so-good things happening.
Don’t like this contingent part of mine.
Will get there soon. To be at ease.
I am, btw, at ease for most things that used to disturb me, and that’s an achievement.
You are a rockstar NG, and keep that up 🙂
I asked my therapist, “What if I tell myself that it is okay if someone responded in a bad manner? They might as well be suffering, right?”
Of course, it is a good thing to run a marathon.
But the best runners, train themselves before the event.
However, if you go haven’t trained yourself at all and you get up one day and go run, can you imagine what all pain will you endure?
And now imagine how long have you been running this marathon!
So the way to be actually able to run that marathon is to train our brain, to understand our emotions first, and why we feel in the pain.
Otherwise, it is only a continuous run of pain, not a marathon in reality.
Something really deep to reflect upon.
Envy is not going to make you successful, baby! So don’t do that.
It is that simple 🙂
Wishing for the best.
And being the best.
And never any less
Is true success.
Think over it for a moment.
I often think about irrelevance.
What will make you irrelevant?
When someone else takes your job?
When you grow but miss your roots?
When you think there is something that, if taken away from you, you will lose your identity?
The truth is, whatever you have, will be taken away from you.
If not now, on your death.
Thus, the fear of irrelevance is technically the insecurity of giving up all you have.
Now that you know that it will go away anyway, how to deal with it?
- By being the most positive person you know.
- By being the most thoughtful person you know
- By making people so powerful that they grow and nurture by themselves.
- By not worrying about ego satiety, and caring about how your vibes nurture people.
- More than anything else, know that you matter, and you bring things to the table that no one else can.
Off-late, I have restarted my age old habit of evening walks, and I couldn’t be happier!
1. Gives much needed mobility to the body.
2. Makes my intuition active, instead of seeking refute in the screen.
3. I get fresh oxygen!
4. Get to witness so many stories.
5. My eyes change their focus, and that’s awesome.
6. I have ideas for writing, just like this one.
7. I learn to forgive without being asked for.
8. I get the much needed me time without devices. (PS: I don’t carry my phone, nor do I wear my smart watch there.)
9. It is a discipline that is so much fun, that you cannot not do it! And that’s beautiful 🙂
3 things that make me forget everything:
- Dance workout
- Dahi Bhalla
I don’t know if my work sitting in a remote silo is making difference in the world.
I have no idea if the people I care for actually care for me (so I could move on or continue lol)
But you know what…
Sometimes not knowing is super powerful.
Because it makes you do your own thing.
Doing your own thing without the influence of others, makes you more of your better self.
It is under that “better self” that you become stronger and okay with the fact that the world is not okay with you!