1. Went to the mall after 20 months perhaps. Had to buy chappal. Went to Crossword Book store, got lost there and came back 🙂
2. Good to see life back to normal. I feel good for dahi papdi waale bhaiya, SIM card waale bhaiya, e rickshaw waale bhaiya, shakarakand waali Didi, and all those people whose employment depended on going out.
3. As I was going through the Crossword Book Store today, I also thought of fundamental rules of life. Here we go:
4. A good question for you: What parts of “normal” are even worth returning to?
“As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen This is one of the tiniest books I’ve ever read, containing just 56 pages, however, each time I pick it up, I get a new direction to my thought. Here’s sharing the 18 timeless lessons from the book:
A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts,
The alteration in a man’s circumstances is in the exact ratio to his altered mental condition.
The soul attracts what it secretly harbours, that which it loves, and also that which it fears.
Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are.
Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals him to himself.
Men are anxious to improve their circumstance but are unwilling to improve themselves, they therefore remain bound.
Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results, bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results.
A perfectly pure and enlightened being could not suffer.
Men imagine that thought can be kept secret, but it cannot; it rapidly crystallises into habit and habit solidifies into circumstance.
Change of diet will not help a man who will not change his thoughts.
He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure.
Those who have no central purpose in their life fall an easy prey to petty worries, fears, troubles, and self pities, all of which are an indication of weaknesses.
As a man thinks, so he is; as he continues to think, so he remains.
Achievement, of whatever kind, is the crown of effort, the diadem of thought.
Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become.
Into your hands will be placed the exact result of your thoughts.
The strong, calm man is always loved and revered. He is like a shade-giving tree in a thirsty land, or a sheltering rock in storm.
Self Control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power.
The person you are holding responsible for your misery – isn’t responsible for it. Your thoughts are. Take this from someone who was holding grudge against someone close for over a month, only to realise that the thoughts create destiny.
2. Party is a very very tiny slice of multiple multi-layered thing called life. Take care of your life and the party takes care of itself.
3. Do yourself a favour. And read more books and hang around less people who are hurt.