5 things only rich people do because poor people cannot afford to do them:
- Forgive others and themselves (the one who feels insulted is the one who has a ton of ego. The rich, forgive without being asked for it.)
- Taking care of their health as well as mind.
- Think of others
- Think of themselves
- Give without letting anyone know
Don’t you think so?
“As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen This is one of the tiniest books I’ve ever read, containing just 56 pages, however, each time I pick it up, I get a new direction to my thought. Here’s sharing the 18 timeless lessons from the book:
- A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts,
- The alteration in a man’s circumstances is in the exact ratio to his altered mental condition.
- The soul attracts what it secretly harbours, that which it loves, and also that which it fears.
- Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are.
- Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals him to himself.
- Men are anxious to improve their circumstance but are unwilling to improve themselves, they therefore remain bound.
- Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results, bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results.
- A perfectly pure and enlightened being could not suffer.
- Men imagine that thought can be kept secret, but it cannot; it rapidly crystallises into habit and habit solidifies into circumstance.
- Change of diet will not help a man who will not change his thoughts.
- He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure.
- Those who have no central purpose in their life fall an easy prey to petty worries, fears, troubles, and self pities, all of which are an indication of weaknesses.
- As a man thinks, so he is; as he continues to think, so he remains.
- Achievement, of whatever kind, is the crown of effort, the diadem of thought.
- Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become.
- Into your hands will be placed the exact result of your thoughts.
- The strong, calm man is always loved and revered. He is like a shade-giving tree in a thirsty land, or a sheltering rock in storm.
- Self Control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power.
The book is easy to read, and needs to be read over and over again. If you could do yourself and your life a favour, get one here, today, PLEASE!
And when you’ve read it, reach out to me to let me know which one line are you going to take with yourself as a reminder. I’d look forward 🙂
Some quick lessons I learnt this week:
- Change is the only law of life. Don’t go by what someone said a month or six months ago. If they are positive, they’ll encourage you evolving. If they aren’t, then you don’t need to bother 🙂
- You will be judged, even when you have your finest intentions. The best thing you could do is still have those finest intentions because that is who you are!
- Being the bigger person and not taking credit for that is superpower!
- Just because everyone else in the team is submitting work late, don’t lower your standards and be the latecomer. Always be a day in advance. Your brand is built by what you do every day.
- Everyone is trying their best. Just because their best doesn’t match with your standards of worst, they need support. Not internal trolling from you.
- Twitter is the best way to improvise on your writing.
- Spending less time on WhatsApp and Instagram is the secret sauce to eternal happiness.
- Evening walks in the sun are therapeutic.
- People want the best for you, trust them! If they don’t, trust yourself!
- People will behave kiddish. Most don’t want to see that. So smile at them for who they are. And move on.
- Most of the times what we are crying for is NOT even happening! The best way to solve problems is through communication.
- Learning is the licence to happiness.
- You matter!
LOL technically means Laugh Out Loud.
However, I use it as lessons of life.
So this is how we will use them whenever I want to share life lessons
- Protect your days. That is all you have.
- There is no “urgent” mail. Trust yourself.
- Keep your good word.
- Keep your good word to yourself.
- Read point 4 and 5 again.
Wish you a great time, wherever you are 🙂
All the influencers you follow, none of them were born with the followers they have.
Also, none of them is Shah Rukh Khan’s kid.
So, when you feel that they got “lucky”
When you believe that you just can’t “get there”
When you think others had privileges “you don’t have”
When self doubts starts encircling you
When success seems possible only by magic,
Everyone started at zero. Everyone.
If the ones who made it had something special, they had this:
- Breathtaking consistency
- Belief in themselves when the world was busy rebuking them
- Trust that if it is possible for others, it is possible for them as well
- Learning from failure
- Learning from others’ success
And many more pieces of the puzzle that get arranged once you actually step into the pool.
Start from 0. You did so in school. See where you are now. Start again, for a different curriculum of life you want to be living for.
I did a sin.
I opened the fridge today.
Is it really a sin?
It is, if you have to put something back and you have parents that trust you to the moon and back:)
So my Mom saw me putting a steel dabba of halwa back into the fridge, when she remarked, if you are unable to do it, let it be, I’ll do it.
Yes Mom, I’ve lived most of my adult life away from home. Gone through heartbreaks without you being aware of it. Living in the capital of the country figuring out life. And lo and behold, I won’t have the awareness to put a dabba into the fridge. Such fun.
Anyway, yes parents are suffering and trying their best, but, sometimes you have to put a virtual gulab jamun in your mouth and stay silent.
For your sake.
And if you still want to take some action, I wrote about it in the newsletter I sent today. You can read it here.
These life lessons are deep, and never shared.
Here you go:
- Imitate the one you want to become. Allow for no deviation with lesser standards.
- A drunkard doesn’t have awareness of the world around them. Are you so much drunk in what you have and what you are becoming, that you don’t have awareness of the negativity and poison around you?
- A phone connection is flawless when we have a clear network. Is your network to your intuition clear, or is it flawed by opinions of others?
- Desire is the seed of killing yourself, if you know you know.
- Being kind and having sweetness in your demeanour isn’t a waste. It is, in fact, the best thing you could do to yourself. And the world, which by default worships the rare diamonds.
PS: Number 6 — Diamonds are formed under pressure 🙂
Negative things about getting a positive life
1. Honesty is an expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.
– Warren Buffet
2. When people show you who they are, believe them.
– Maya Angelou
3. The best way to deal with corporate politics is to live by and speak your truth. It will make you undefeatable.
4. People will play games against you. Worry not, for they not know against whom are they playing the real game.
5. Don’t trust your extremely good or bad moods. What happens in the middle – your intuitions, people’s behaviours, what you want to do – that is the real stuff.
Some small reflections about life, that were sadly not as positive, however, very important to inch towards positivity and not being affected by the negativity of others.
The story of overnight success.
1. The “rasoda” jam singer Yashraj Mukhate recently moved from 30K+ followers on Instagram to 943K+ followers.
2. The singer Lisa Mishra recorded a combo of “Taareefaan” and “Let me love you” and few days later, she was called by Rhea Kapoor to sing a playback.
3. Elizabeth Gilbert was struggling before “Eat Pray Love’ came up, after which she even graced the Oscars.
What we see as overnight success of all these people, we fail to recognise that:
1. They had been creating content for long before the “overnight success” happened.
2. The life altering success happened just once, however they continued their relevance by working hard on future projects, instead of being complacent.
What is this trying to teach us?
1. It takes the good old hard work to get to the success.
2. It takes hard work even when we don’t feel like doing it.
3. Maybe very few of us will have this overnight success, however, we will always have a version of success where we were proud while going to bed, instead of being regretful.
It’s a choice we get to make, every single day.
When you’re not listening to your heart, things will fall apart.
When you do things that you don’t want to, things will still fall apart.
When you sell your soul, there would be nothing left.
Living life on your terms is difficult – this is the thought process fit into our brain.
However, when you live life on the terms of the society by killing yourself daily, you are already dead.
The best life advice ever is: Life life on your own terms. Everything else will just fall for you. (Try falling for yourself, baby! )