The world is filled with wonderful people. And I mean it!
However, it is heartbreaking to see those really capable not hold themselves accountable for everything in their lives.
For example, some of the excuses that are given that shouldn’t exist:
- I couldn’t find that influencer’s email:
O c’mon Bro! Digging out emails, creating permutations and combinations, and checking if the email is right is exactly what uncle Google is your home page. We can find out ANYONE’s email ID, if we are willing to do the research 🙂
- You are strong, so you can do it:
Strong people become strong on the pillar of tons of tears and wisdom of words from the right books to minutest minutes of meditation that we think are insignificant. Being strong is a choice, and this comes from someone who has been through valleys of weakness and now does not allow those weaknesses to touch her.
- I have registered this event in my mind:
Someone does something bad to us once by mistake and we forget all the good they did to us as well as all the time we spent in building that relationship. Is that the value we want to place to the people we love?
We are a product of either of two things: the imaginations we create without a limit or the non-existent limits we place on ourselves daily.
5 things only rich people do because poor people cannot afford to do them:
- Forgive others and themselves (the one who feels insulted is the one who has a ton of ego. The rich, forgive without being asked for it.)
- Taking care of their health as well as mind.
- Think of others
- Think of themselves
- Give without letting anyone know
Don’t you think so?
This was a random question by one of my smart school friends on one of my tweets.
It got me thinking.
Not to think of what to respond, rather to think of where we have landed ourselves.
We want evidences of thoughts we think intuitively.
We want to buy a car recommended by most people.
We want to wear the brand our boss wears because subconsciously it would make us look cool in front of him.
We want to send our kid to the school that promises best education, unmindful of the fact that the best schooling happens at home.
We want to…
All these are good wants. But that’s all they are. Wants.
They override the innate need that we all have: Needs.
One of our fundamental human needs is listening to our intuition. It will never have evidences. Nor does it want any. It is full by itself not having to want (or need) any validation.
These life lessons are deep, and never shared.
Here you go:
- Imitate the one you want to become. Allow for no deviation with lesser standards.
- A drunkard doesn’t have awareness of the world around them. Are you so much drunk in what you have and what you are becoming, that you don’t have awareness of the negativity and poison around you?
- A phone connection is flawless when we have a clear network. Is your network to your intuition clear, or is it flawed by opinions of others?
- Desire is the seed of killing yourself, if you know you know.
- Being kind and having sweetness in your demeanour isn’t a waste. It is, in fact, the best thing you could do to yourself. And the world, which by default worships the rare diamonds.
PS: Number 6 — Diamonds are formed under pressure 🙂
Having some weird ideas, don’t know when (or if) I’ll be executing on them, but let’s see:
- Be an English teacher to Class 11 and 12 students.
- Have a coaching curriculum online.
- Open a piano (read: keyboard) only Instagram account.
- Adopt a plant.
- Get on a counselling with millennials and GenZ (just like in my book Fit Doesn’t Fit)
- Do nothing for a week, other than reading and reflecting.
- Switch off the phone for a day a week. (Soon to be!)
Let’s see where things go:)
Btw, 1, 2, 6 and 7 are in progress – which may even lead to 5 getting somewhere in place. Let’s see!
The suffering you are going through is the creation of your brain.
I was suffering over something for a month, and this is what I realised today, just like with every other suffering 🙂
The vibe never lies.
Your soul shouldn’t be exchanged even in lieu of diamonds.
In the past two weeks, I said no to two writing gigs that could have made me six figures.
And since the money involved is too big, first response is to ignore everything and jump on it.
However, in both those cases, I realized I wouldn’t be happy or be myself – I would be just putting a price tag on my soul. And that is the last thing I signed up for.
Thus, I said no. Without surprise, felt light and easy beyond measure.
The best Content Writer is also a contented writer – who is feeling contented with every business relationship they have.
That doesn’t mean not having more gigs. However, that does mean feeling happy while doing the work – and trusting yourself, that when you say no when the vibe doesn’t match, much better ones with better vibes come to you.
Standing for yourself is priceless.
Flip rotis with patience.
Eat with patience.
Drink water with patience.
Warm-up and cool down with patience.
Also, be patient with yourself – because if being critical could help, it would have helped by now.
If you want better results, make better choices.
If you want the same results, make the same choices.
If you want worse results, do nothing.
We are not what we do. We are what we choose to do. And that makes a world of difference.
My bro and bhabhi have been married for almost 4 years now.
After having a bit of knowledge and research into psychology, it is a great thing to see a relationship like this.
It isn’t about couples, rather every relationship. The way they respect each other, the way they have fun with each other, and most importantly, the way neither of them loses on their individual personality despite being together – are rare things to be found in relationships these days.
If you have managed to protect at least 2 or 3 relationships like this, you’re a rich human.