- You want people to love you on posting your insta photos, and yet you do not want to understand people at the root, for who they are.
- You find solace in more meetings and less solo execution.
- You think therapy without taking responsibility of your life will heal you.
- You think you can be your raw, unpolished self and yet have all the love in the world.
- You want to have incremental money every month, and that in itself, is a trap.
- You want people to love your insta stories, while secretly hating the people whose approval you crave for.
- You know you are not okay, and all your efforts are directed towards showing that you are okay, instead of healing the un-okay part of you.
Some unpopular opinions that are sadly true:
- Even the most intellectual person likes the coolest kids, even if they are dumb.
- We are so addicted to our problems that we actually create them!
- People love to help. If you keep disregarding their love, they don’t become cold blooded. YOU make them cold blooded.
- You don’t crave sugar. You crave the reward of feeling good.
- You speak the most through silence.
1. Why do we think we are liked if we have more unread messages when we open WhatsApp?
2. What satisfaction to softdrinks give?
3. Why do people prefer ordering out instead of home made halwa?
Our importance, satisfaction and satiety – all come from inside.
Inner validation. Water at home. Halwa at home.
If you make those choices, you are unstoppable!
Think of an unhappy person around you.
Most probably, they would have a constant reason for unhappiness in their life – a job, a relationship, anything they hate.
Then, go back to the time when that relationship / job didn’t exist. Before that, there was something else that kept them unhappy.
It turns out, being unhappy is never dependent on life situations. It is always a factor of how you deal with life situations.
I have seen happy people boldly get out of jobs they didn’t like. Meanwhile, they still made sure to be happy at it.
I have seen happy people be happy despite the pay cuts during the pandemic. Because they chose to be happy.
Also, I have seen unhappy people get more dissatisfied by the day, despite all they needed was there and was getting bigger.
The more we realise happiness is a choice, the more will we be able to make the choice of being happy.
The world is filled with wonderful people. And I mean it!
However, it is heartbreaking to see those really capable not hold themselves accountable for everything in their lives.
For example, some of the excuses that are given that shouldn’t exist:
- I couldn’t find that influencer’s email:
O c’mon Bro! Digging out emails, creating permutations and combinations, and checking if the email is right is exactly what uncle Google is your home page. We can find out ANYONE’s email ID, if we are willing to do the research 🙂
- You are strong, so you can do it:
Strong people become strong on the pillar of tons of tears and wisdom of words from the right books to minutest minutes of meditation that we think are insignificant. Being strong is a choice, and this comes from someone who has been through valleys of weakness and now does not allow those weaknesses to touch her.
- I have registered this event in my mind:
Someone does something bad to us once by mistake and we forget all the good they did to us as well as all the time we spent in building that relationship. Is that the value we want to place to the people we love?
We are a product of either of two things: the imaginations we create without a limit or the non-existent limits we place on ourselves daily.
5 things only rich people do because poor people cannot afford to do them:
- Forgive others and themselves (the one who feels insulted is the one who has a ton of ego. The rich, forgive without being asked for it.)
- Taking care of their health as well as mind.
- Think of others
- Think of themselves
- Give without letting anyone know
Don’t you think so?
This was a random question by one of my smart school friends on one of my tweets.
It got me thinking.
Not to think of what to respond, rather to think of where we have landed ourselves.
We want evidences of thoughts we think intuitively.
We want to buy a car recommended by most people.
We want to wear the brand our boss wears because subconsciously it would make us look cool in front of him.
We want to send our kid to the school that promises best education, unmindful of the fact that the best schooling happens at home.
We want to…
All these are good wants. But that’s all they are. Wants.
They override the innate need that we all have: Needs.
One of our fundamental human needs is listening to our intuition. It will never have evidences. Nor does it want any. It is full by itself not having to want (or need) any validation.
These life lessons are deep, and never shared.
Here you go:
- Imitate the one you want to become. Allow for no deviation with lesser standards.
- A drunkard doesn’t have awareness of the world around them. Are you so much drunk in what you have and what you are becoming, that you don’t have awareness of the negativity and poison around you?
- A phone connection is flawless when we have a clear network. Is your network to your intuition clear, or is it flawed by opinions of others?
- Desire is the seed of killing yourself, if you know you know.
- Being kind and having sweetness in your demeanour isn’t a waste. It is, in fact, the best thing you could do to yourself. And the world, which by default worships the rare diamonds.
PS: Number 6 — Diamonds are formed under pressure 🙂
Having some weird ideas, don’t know when (or if) I’ll be executing on them, but let’s see:
- Be an English teacher to Class 11 and 12 students.
- Have a coaching curriculum online.
- Open a piano (read: keyboard) only Instagram account.
- Adopt a plant.
- Get on a counselling with millennials and GenZ (just like in my book Fit Doesn’t Fit)
- Do nothing for a week, other than reading and reflecting.
- Switch off the phone for a day a week. (Soon to be!)
Let’s see where things go:)
Btw, 1, 2, 6 and 7 are in progress – which may even lead to 5 getting somewhere in place. Let’s see!
The suffering you are going through is the creation of your brain.
I was suffering over something for a month, and this is what I realised today, just like with every other suffering 🙂