Think of an unhappy person around you.
Most probably, they would have a constant reason for unhappiness in their life – a job, a relationship, anything they hate.
Then, go back to the time when that relationship / job didn’t exist. Before that, there was something else that kept them unhappy.
It turns out, being unhappy is never dependent on life situations. It is always a factor of how you deal with life situations.
I have seen happy people boldly get out of jobs they didn’t like. Meanwhile, they still made sure to be happy at it.
I have seen happy people be happy despite the pay cuts during the pandemic. Because they chose to be happy.
Also, I have seen unhappy people get more dissatisfied by the day, despite all they needed was there and was getting bigger.
The more we realise happiness is a choice, the more will we be able to make the choice of being happy.
Travelled from Kota to Delhi via train today.
The view itself made me more productive. Nature, itself, is a great healer.
- Travel gives more ideas. Why not travel to nature, daily?
- I was surrounded by a Punjabi family, who spoke to me in Punjabi. What a great way to assume 🙂 Btw, nicely generous people (and I will ignore the fact that they pushed their daughter to look up to me to see how I was working! Can you guys give yourselves a break? Dude, you were returning from Goa, why do you expect anyone to be working when they are returning from Goa?)
- Half of the coach was empty. A good way to live luxuriously.
- Did I tell you, my productivity was at its peak? None of my colleagues knew I was travelling (not to hide anything from them – we are anyway a chill lot), nor did I tell them – because work was getting done.
- It is important to give yourself some treats of solitude.
Had some more reflections, however, for now I want to sleep. So, see you tomorrow! Good night 🙂
Why choose writing a blog – when you can be famous on Instagram Reels?
Because writing makes you a better thinker.
It distills the cloud in your head and gives it clarity.
More than anything else, it makes you know yourself better.
It doesn’t matter whether you have a career in writing or not.
But if you write daily, you career is definitely going to be higher because of writing.
For me, I’ve been writing here for several years now. A blog a day. To make myself a better thinker. And to know myself.
The world wouldn’t be any different if I wouldn’t write. But I am different. Which, in turn, makes the world different.
Okay! A week long break from blogging. First time in the history of this blog!
But never mind, I’ll make up for this.
So the reason for the miss-out was that I was admitted in hospital 8 days back for appendix surgery. Got discharged yesterday. And now I feel a bit active in the mornings so getting back to work drop by drop.
Rest all okay. It was a part of life. Came and went. Chill 🙂
Looking forward to talking to you daily now.
This is the collection of my musings while working, working out, figuring out life, and most of the times, showing up! Enjoy, and feel free to share 🙂
- Talent becomes latent when work doesn’t become hard.
- They don’t take care of you because they are too broken to take care of themselves.
- We wait for an idea of the future hoping for things to get better, not realising it is getting created here and now – with what we think and what we do.
- Chill bro! This too, shall pass!
- Never leave yourself. Because others will do that to you anyway.
- If you are not cunning, you should be proud of yourself.
- Saying no to things that aren’t important isn’t a bug you have, it’s your feature.
- Sometimes the best moments get created when we are NOT recording videos of them. The happiness is living in the happiness.
- Poking fun at others is a sign of lack of self-honour.
- Playing revenge on mean people is becoming a photocopy of the one you despise the most. Why would you do that?
- People don’t get tensed because they are tensed. They get tensed because they’re in a habit of getting tensed.
- Just like laptop’s fan starts shouting when a lot of load is put onto it, so does our brain starts shouting when we expose it to a lot of load. Less is more, baby!
- If our follow-up email to a cold prospect could land us a client, imagine how our follow-up to a cold-blooded person might make them warm! Ego is indeed the enemy!
- Awareness is being aware of what’s good in you and what isn’t. It doesn’t mean endorsing what’s bad in you because you are “self-aware”.
- Our happiness is a function of how quickly we are able to bounce back from a mood-off.
- We spend our lives thinking about the correct thing to do, not realising not doing is the most incorrect thing to do.
- If we don’t pursue momentary pain, we sign up for a permanent one.
- Be hard on yourself so you could be easy on others.
- You’re a beautiful person if you take responsibility.
- You are the change you’re looking for.
You may post on Day 1 and it is going to be fun.
You may post on Day 2 and it still goes okay.
You may want to do your 10th post on Day 31.
And then there are people who make it to the top, because they moved beyond the fear of 278th post that didn’t do well, and are still on their work ethic.
Do you know why?
Because they’re not random “post because it’s fancy” kinda people. Rather because, they post to make a difference. If not this one, the next one definitively will make a difference.
Because past 277 posts were not in vain. They did make a difference, even to a single person, and that compound interest is enough to keep them going.
And that very non-execution creates non-executors.