Last few days were very hard.
I won’t say “because of…”
I’d rather say because I didn’t invest much on myself. Slept by 10 instead of 9:30 on a lot of days, killed some time on Instagram, and the worst of all, on the opinions of others.
Will change that a lot in 2022. Already started!
2022, here we come :))
It’s incredible how good distractions force us to do good!
For the past 4-5 days, I noticed myself eating more than usual.
I knew I wasn’t hungry.
But just couldn’t resist!
So I played a small hack.
Each time I went to the dining table, I carried Kindle along with me.
Once I was done eating the right amount of food, I immediately switched on to reading for the next 10-15 minutes.
After that, the cravings disappeared.
So did the “hunger”.
What was left was a wiser brain and a leaner body.
I still do that, and on each meal it works wonders!!!
Isn’t it (not at all) strange how everything in our mind is just a correlation?
Which, in turn means, we have been living our entire life on hacks!!
“As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen This is one of the tiniest books I’ve ever read, containing just 56 pages, however, each time I pick it up, I get a new direction to my thought. Here’s sharing the 18 timeless lessons from the book:
- A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts,
- The alteration in a man’s circumstances is in the exact ratio to his altered mental condition.
- The soul attracts what it secretly harbours, that which it loves, and also that which it fears.
- Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are.
- Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals him to himself.
- Men are anxious to improve their circumstance but are unwilling to improve themselves, they therefore remain bound.
- Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results, bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results.
- A perfectly pure and enlightened being could not suffer.
- Men imagine that thought can be kept secret, but it cannot; it rapidly crystallises into habit and habit solidifies into circumstance.
- Change of diet will not help a man who will not change his thoughts.
- He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure.
- Those who have no central purpose in their life fall an easy prey to petty worries, fears, troubles, and self pities, all of which are an indication of weaknesses.
- As a man thinks, so he is; as he continues to think, so he remains.
- Achievement, of whatever kind, is the crown of effort, the diadem of thought.
- Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become.
- Into your hands will be placed the exact result of your thoughts.
- The strong, calm man is always loved and revered. He is like a shade-giving tree in a thirsty land, or a sheltering rock in storm.
- Self Control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power.
The book is easy to read, and needs to be read over and over again. If you could do yourself and your life a favour, get one here, today, PLEASE!
And when you’ve read it, reach out to me to let me know which one line are you going to take with yourself as a reminder. I’d look forward 🙂
The state with which you enter your home.
The way you walk from the parking entrance to your vehicle.
How much are you ready to ignore to make your happiness a priority.
How much you’re ready to endure to make others are happy
How to look at the person in the mirror – smiling or critical
The sigh or the joy on waking up.
Water bottle kept next to your laptop.
Not using phone because you want to read.
The general convo drifting around how bad your luck was, or how hopeful life is!
Small things that define our life in biggest ways.