The state with which you enter your home.
The way you walk from the parking entrance to your vehicle.
How much are you ready to ignore to make your happiness a priority.
How much you’re ready to endure to make others are happy
How to look at the person in the mirror – smiling or critical
The sigh or the joy on waking up.
Water bottle kept next to your laptop.
Not using phone because you want to read.
The general convo drifting around how bad your luck was, or how hopeful life is!
Small things that define our life in biggest ways.
Some of the things we all must be grateful for, especially in these times:
1. That we have salt to add in our food.
2. We can call our parents and tell them “I love you.”
3. You are aware enough to be indoors, and not being stubborn and behaving like nothing has happened.
4. You have a peaceful night sleep.
5. There are doctors who work with patients who are infected, and still continue to serve.
6. Sun is rising daily.
7. You have a roof over your head.
8. You have a blanket.
9. Oxygen isn’t contaminated.
10. The selfless spirit of delivery boys, trash pickers, house maids, car cleaners, vegetables and fruit vendors, public transport drivers, etc., is way beyond we could ever imagine. Huge gratitude to them, for working when their families also want them to be home.
These are small, and hugely important things. If we would miss out on any of these, life would become very difficult or perhaps impossible in some cases.
Spend your free (and busy) time being grateful.
Make “no” the word you use the most.
Not disgracefully or in a disrespectful manner. Rather, in a humble manner.
The way you can get ahead is by going ahead of what isn’t serving you.
How do you know what isn’t serving you? By checking how you feel.
“Your feeling small doesn’t change the world,” said Marianne Williamson.
Remember you are a child of God, as she said. And God’s kids are supposed to be happy, by taking care not to let sadness enter in.
PS: If you’re struggling with your happiness, do check out this podcast, it may be of help to you.