There are good friends. We all have them.
Those who understand us, are there for us, but show their true colours some time or the other.
Then there are best friends.
You don’t talk to them often. Hardly chat on the phone.
But they are true to you – with you or without you.
Having such friends is priceless. And if you don’t have one, are you that “one” friend for yourself?
Negative things about getting a positive life
1. Honesty is an expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.
– Warren Buffet
2. When people show you who they are, believe them.
– Maya Angelou
3. The best way to deal with corporate politics is to live by and speak your truth. It will make you undefeatable.
4. People will play games against you. Worry not, for they not know against whom are they playing the real game.
5. Don’t trust your extremely good or bad moods. What happens in the middle – your intuitions, people’s behaviours, what you want to do – that is the real stuff.
Some small reflections about life, that were sadly not as positive, however, very important to inch towards positivity and not being affected by the negativity of others.
When you speak your truth, you live an authentic life.
No one would understand it. No one.
But you will.
And that will be more than enough.
For weeks I was struggling with making a new habit. I wanted to set a traffic control of my thoughts, and take one-minute breaks after each hour.
Tried downloading a few apps, none of which functioned.
So I set the alarm in my phone after every hour.
“What’s new with this?” you may ask!
I wanted the sound to be the one I loved and not the usual alarm stuff. However, iPhone doesn’t allow the desi jugad to add external sounds.
So I purchased a sound from the iTunes store and set that as an alarm.
Result? Those one-minute alarms are working wonders!
Here’s the psychological hack: Even though I spent a minuscule amount of Rs. 15 for a tailor-made service, it would make me use it to the fullest.
The magic is not of the amount of money, rather the effort of paying it will make me use it fully. Daily. Every hour.