When will I have my own business?
When will I get to a place of not worrying about money?
Will someone ever believe in me?
Some questions do not have immediate answers.
But whenever I am confused about long-term choices in life, here is something that always helps me:
- Sitting and meditating
- Going for a nature walk
- Reading powerful stuff
- Becoming absolutely quiet
This is not a step-by-step process, rather a buffet – you can pick whatever you like, as per your taste and preference. And that’s beautiful 🙂
Off-late, I have restarted my age old habit of evening walks, and I couldn’t be happier!
1. Gives much needed mobility to the body.
2. Makes my intuition active, instead of seeking refute in the screen.
3. I get fresh oxygen!
4. Get to witness so many stories.
5. My eyes change their focus, and that’s awesome.
6. I have ideas for writing, just like this one.
7. I learn to forgive without being asked for.
8. I get the much needed me time without devices. (PS: I don’t carry my phone, nor do I wear my smart watch there.)
9. It is a discipline that is so much fun, that you cannot not do it! And that’s beautiful 🙂
When people are in the whirlwind of their emotions, when they have given everything and still believe we deserve more, people lose their control over self, and start blaming others.
What they need right now, is not a closure.
What they need is a walk.
And we need walks all the time. To think twice before hitting send. It would save us a lifetime of regret.
“It’s going to be difficult, and you’re going to feel lost sometimes. It’s okay.”
– say a lot of people.
While their hustle is totally respected, here’s a question for you to consider:
1. If you’re feeling lost, check whom are you comparing yourself to.
2. We all know the path is narrow. Do you know the reason why?
It’s because, you were supposed to travel alone on that narrow path, without any possibility of being lost.
3. If we are talking about the narrow path, people who are on their respective narrow paths, will never have the time to criticise you.
If you’re being criticised by someone, understand that they haven’t found their path as yet. Give them compassion, they need it.
So, here’s a homework for all of us today: to remember to focus on our own paths, and feeling of being lost won’t arise. It never does.
Sometimes it’s just doom.
Sometimes it’s too bad and you don’t know what to do.
Sometimes you are too emotionally tired to even try.
Most of the times, it’s your unhealed patterns that are coming up.
And when any of this happens, trust yourself to work on your inner self. Please read a lot of paperback books. Go for long walks in solitude. Meditate and chillax.
As much as overrated it may sound right now, staying offline to get in-line with yourself is certainly the only way out.