All of a sudden, I’ve enjoyed being with my family now.
Now that vaccine is almost there, now that there is a job to look up to, now that I’ll be back to Delhi somewhere by the end of winter, I’ve already started missing my parents.
They’re (not so much) weird for me, and I guess so am I for them.
This moment, is all you have!
As a line from one of my favourite songs goes: “Reh jayengi, yeh nishaaniyaan, rahein naa rahein hum! Aa jee le ek pal mein sau janam!”
Thanksgiving is all about…
• Being grateful to your farmers, because without them, even pizza wasn’t possible.
• Being grateful for the electricity, otherwise how would geyser operate?
• A thousand more things tbh, but today, let’s stop with the fact that we have almost survived 2020 stronger and better.
What else could thanksgiving be about?
I sit on the floor to have my meals. And when I get up, I do so without any support. This is my gold standard for health.
As the winter is approaching, my Mom got a velvet mat for me to sit.
And all of a sudden, I just couldn’t stand from that velvet mat. I felt like all of a sudden I had lost my health and stamina. It was uneasy.
And then a bolt hit me. Velvet is smooth and it acts as a friction between the resistance of the floor and my feet.
So the trick was to remove the velvet mat and then get up. Bam!
Sometimes the problem is not with our efforts, rather the medium where we are executing our efforts. Changing that might change everything.
1. You are doing your best. Stop beating yourself up.
2. You have a lot of power. You just need to check the leakage.
3. It takes a strong human being to always be looking for good. Be that tough human being.
4. Talk to yourself. Your need to scroll Instagram would vanish.
5. To walk your own path requires courage. It isn’t disrespectful of anyone, as long as you are not disrespecting them.
6. To stay silent in a throng of un-wise words is a measure of immense inner power.
7. To speak your truth even when your voice shakes is being powerful (again).
8. Standing for yourself isn’t selfish.
9. Being there to understand is a mark of an understanding human being.
10. It is very very easy to get caught up in the celebrity and blitz of the world, share the photographs of “your perfect world” and the new things you bought. If you do not use social media to generate this triviality in others nor to consume it yourself, you’re already ahead of the majority of the world.
Small reminders. Small life. Make your time worth it! 😇
1. Make meditation non-negotiable.
2. So does workout.
3. Give yourself a gift for intermittent fasting on the internet for straight 30 days.
4. Spend time around kids.
5. Nature walks are the ultimate healers.
The ones who are unlike you.
The ones who challenge your beliefs.
Those who don’t let you down, no matter what.
The ones who are there for you.
And the ones who are there with you.
(PS: This post is inspired by the good good time I’m having with my friends these days 😎)
To never waste your time, schedule your days. Including the fun times.
Otherwise there are so many distractions that one day you will end up wasting not your time, rather your life.
1. Maturity in life is accepting that someone in family that was closest to you dome day, isn’t close anymore.
2. When you don’t check an email / notification immediately because it isn’t important, you become more powerful. (PS: 95% aren’t important.)
3. Speak your truth even when your voice shakes. The only person going to be with you from start of life to end is you, and if you don’t speak your truth, do you really want to live with a liar all your life?
4. Parkinson’s Law is as real as gravity.
5. Focus. Focus. Focus is the ultimate asset.
1. Taking notes while reading is an excellent way to grasp (and re-read) important information.
2. Don’t worry about the next 8 years, think about the next 8 days and executing super hard on them.
3. “Don’t charge for how much time it takes you. Charge for the value you provide.” – Ankur Warikoo
4. Hanging around with the right people is priceless. Even if you’re paid less, figuring out how to earn money from other sources would be easier.
5. What you think about, you being about. Never the other way round.
6. Spending less time on Twitter and Instagram is a phenomenal saving of your time. Time = money. Period.
7. Feeling sad is a habit more than circumstances. So is feeling happy no matter what.
This lockdown came along with gyms locked down.
Till March, I had reached a great weight resistance. Then began the workout at home.
Today I brought in weights from my old home, and lo, the resistance which I could carry initially wasn’t there. The reason, obviously, was lack of practice with weights.
In life, the more we continue to live with goodness, the more resilience we develop against what’s isn’t right – without losing on who we are.
If we remain where we are without increasing that quota of goodness, over time, we’ll lose it.
Over time, we will lose ourselves.