My mom informed me this afternoon, that she will be going to visit a relative’s place in the evening.
I was like, sure.
In a moment I added, “You love yourself, right?”
“What’s up with you all of a sudden,” she quipped.
I said then since those relatives squeeze the energy out of you, can you watch one video of BK Shivani on YouTube before going and one after returning? Please?
She agreed to do so, however, I don’t know what would her mindset look like.
I feel sad for her. Just like a Mom would feel sad for her kid going into bad company yet finding it difficult for her to convince him not to go.
Good wisdom is like immunity. We don’t realise its importance unless a pandemic arrives and doesn’t touch us despite hanging around Covid patients, because we had inner immunity. To make it last forever, we need to keep building it daily.
Thanksgiving is all about…
• Being grateful to your farmers, because without them, even pizza wasn’t possible.
• Being grateful for the electricity, otherwise how would geyser operate?
• A thousand more things tbh, but today, let’s stop with the fact that we have almost survived 2020 stronger and better.
What else could thanksgiving be about?
2020 is a blessing, if we see it!
While most of us have already named 2020 as the worst year ever, there are some incredible gifts that 2020 brought with it – something that we could have come into our lives had the pandemic didn’t occur.
Thus, 2020 in all its rights, is the year of these life lessons:
- It was never the lack of time: It is always about whether you really want the change, or whether you really want to cling to the way you were before.
Change is hard. And with so much time on our hands due to lockdown and work from home, we realized time was never the issue. It was all about making the choice. After all, how can we expect anyone to give us their time if we do not have time for ourselves?
Share this on Twitter
- How we were without pandemic was reflected in how we were with pandemic.If we look closely at the behaviours of people we admire – be it online or offline – their lifestyle, approach to life situations and happiness remained unaffected despite such major changes the world over. And if you see people around you that were suffering or in pain during the pandemic, they were suffering even before. This isn’t judgement, this is a reflection that the outer situations do not determine who we are or what we become.
- Meditation is a necessity: Since the response to external events is always dependent on our inner thoughts, meditation is not something to take up, it is something to imbibe in our lifestyles. Even five minutes between two tasks, 5 times a day works wonders. If you haven’t tried it, you have missed out on abundance of peace within you.
- Fitness isn’t just a hobby:I read a story of a 40 year old daughter, taking care of her Covid-stricken father. Her husband was out of city and her mother had passed away, so she, along with her father’s full-time aid started living in a room next to his. After some days, the help who was there to help also developed Covid symptoms. Meanwhile, the husband had returned, so they both started taking care. However, very soon the husband was also Covid positive. So she was there taking care of her father alone. Throughout that period of taking care of him, she was healthy and unaffected. Reason? She has been taking care of her fitness as well as diet. It is as magical as parents’ love, we don’t see it unless we see the absence of it in people around us.
- We have the power to heal others. However, how will we able to extend a hand if our own is fractured? Tell me in the comment section.
- Don’t delay giving love.You may never know the person may not be with you tomorrow
- It all begins and ends with only one person: YOU. No one, absolutely no one has the right to enter your space of mind if you have decided to make yourself stronger – not even family, not your colleagues, not your friends – no one. I understand it is easier said than done. However, my mental health issues also surfaced during this pandemic and made me realize the importance of being the master of my mind, instead of letting it control me. It takes efforts, but what’s a good thing without making the efforts?
1. You are doing your best. Stop beating yourself up.
2. You have a lot of power. You just need to check the leakage.
3. It takes a strong human being to always be looking for good. Be that tough human being.
4. Talk to yourself. Your need to scroll Instagram would vanish.
5. To walk your own path requires courage. It isn’t disrespectful of anyone, as long as you are not disrespecting them.
6. To stay silent in a throng of un-wise words is a measure of immense inner power.
7. To speak your truth even when your voice shakes is being powerful (again).
8. Standing for yourself isn’t selfish.
9. Being there to understand is a mark of an understanding human being.
10. It is very very easy to get caught up in the celebrity and blitz of the world, share the photographs of “your perfect world” and the new things you bought. If you do not use social media to generate this triviality in others nor to consume it yourself, you’re already ahead of the majority of the world.
Small reminders. Small life. Make your time worth it! 😇
Death has taken bigger toll on 2020 than we had ever expected.
It has become a daily feat to conquer instead of facing it at the end of the life.
However, when death comes with a possibility threat, it also comes as a reminder:
1. That if it comes to grab us, let it take us away with our happiness, instead of letting its fear take away our happiness.
2. That there are people who need our support and just our emotional presence. We can always be there for them, even if we are not around them. Let our loved ones know you care. Because you do. And because they need you.
3. This moment is all we have. We don’t know what’s next, however we do own what we have now.
When did it actually happen?
When did I move from giving love to needing it?
When did I move from giving tonnes of acceptance to needing it?
When did I move from cheerful, super happy and full of charm kid to crying whole day?
Never have I ever waited like this. Waiting for this time to go away. Don’t know when. I have written positivity and power for eternity. Then why so much truth? Why am I documenting my rock bottom? Why?
I have no idea. Other than the fact that I want it all out of my system.
And also one more reason: The ones suffering from mental health problems are already strong. They have to muster the strength to get back up. So don’t think they need any help. They spread awareness on it so that more people could become empathetic towards each other and more cases of depression stop from coming. That is the only reason.
Yesterday was a day purposefully missed out on blog.
Played badminton with cousins after a really long time. Covid has brought all the memories of having fun with each other back.
Also attended two online classes of two people I admire a lot.
And said no to someone who has no sense of respecting someone else’s (and their own) time. Without letting them know. Felt great. Learnt better tactics.
Honestly I could have done that. But I wanted me time. Sadly, our society values and respects us only when we are “doing something” and not when we are chilling and spending time with family.
That’s sad. And we need to change it. How? A. By taking some me time. B. By not judging others when they take their own.
Society just doesn’t go for a bath and gets cleaner. We do it each day by what we do. And by what we choose not to do.
Today an Amazon packet was to be delivered. The boy reached on the ground floor, and called.
Since I didn’t receive, I immediately called back, however was unreachable.
So I went to the balcony of our first floor home, and saw him.
He asked for my name first. I responded. Then he asked for his number that flashed on to my screen. Then he even asked for my number that was there on the package. For no reasons, no one has ever done that.
A part of me wanted to get angry at him. However, I told myself: “He must also be in pain for going out and meeting so many people in these conditions. More so, maybe he had lost a valuable packet in the past for not doing due diligence.”
This suddenly stopped me from getting angry. And gave me perspective.
We choose our emotions. And then, those emotions choose us.
One of the best learnings that covid brought to us is not to put all your eggs in one basket.
Warren Buffet has been saying it for years.
Not only for finances, also for our emotions and sources of income.
More than anything else, we have learnt never to depend on external validation (malls, restaurants, movies,etc.) for making us feel.
Will they support you is not the right question.
The right question is, will you support yourself?
You and I survived the corona.
Do we need more examples to start living life?