Here’s how we waste time (and where we shouldn’t):
- Checking social media for a minute and ending up wasting fifteen. Seven times a day.
- Thinking waste thoughts (no matter how much truth they hold).
- Stalking Virat and Anushka on Instagram.
- Thinking your parents did all the less-than-happening things to you, and you can’t change them now.
- Gossiping about that weakling in the group.
- Talking loudly (because it wastes energy, which in turn leaves less energy for important tasks which in turn, wastes energy).
- Watching Big Boss.
- Calling people (Bro, why do email and WhatsApp exist?)
- Listening to aunties chit chat
- Watching movies. (No matter how good a movie is, it keeps you hooked. Reading books is the rarest and the most precious gem of all. Always.)
Shouting out loud works.
And then it says the trust of the person shouted at.
Our goal is to go far, together. Not fast and lonely.
Letting your life and lifestyle make its imprint, instead of shouting to get things done – is a great thing to begin with. That never made ends.
People tend to shout when they don’t get what they asked for.
People tend to shout when they feel insecure about what they have and don’t have.
People not behaving according to you
People saying mean things behind (and in front of you)
People blaming you for their mistakes
Your competitor getting ahead of you even they started after you
All these things are going to happen.
The only job people are going to get done when they shout is, scare more people and make them aware of being around you.
If that’s not the destination you want to reach, probably being patient and kind could do the deal.
Like they always do.