Two months back, I had lost a high-paying client.
Though there was a good lot of other work from other clients as well, this loss did affect me – at least emotionally.
So one morning at around 8:45 am, I was sitting in my room and pondering, when I saw my father. He was being his normal self, making the wick for the diya, and lighting it up with ease and gratitude.
And that moment – in a moment of nothingness, something happened.
I don’t know what, but something just hit me!
Read the entire story here.
Some money lessons:
- If you want to earn more and you do have the capability and credentials for that, don’t settle for a less-paying job or contract. No one will respect you if you won’t.
- Pay credit card bill immediately after making the transaction. You will have reward points, AND you will not see a HUGE bill at the end of the month.
Tell me, have you tried these and succeeded?
- The person you are holding responsible for your misery – isn’t responsible for it. Your thoughts are.
Take this from someone who was holding grudge against someone close for over a month, only to realise that the thoughts create destiny.
2. Party is a very very tiny slice of multiple multi-layered thing called life. Take care of your life and the party takes care of itself.
3. Do yourself a favour. And read more books and hang around less people who are hurt.
1. Trust others. As much as you trust yourself. Even more.
2. Stop proving yourself. Everyone has a perspective filter.
3. Goodness is questioned. Still be good.
4. It will get better. Remember, trust yourself?
5. If no one is misunderstanding you, you aren’t breaking much ceilings.
The story of overnight success.
1. The “rasoda” jam singer Yashraj Mukhate recently moved from 30K+ followers on Instagram to 943K+ followers.
2. The singer Lisa Mishra recorded a combo of “Taareefaan” and “Let me love you” and few days later, she was called by Rhea Kapoor to sing a playback.
3. Elizabeth Gilbert was struggling before “Eat Pray Love’ came up, after which she even graced the Oscars.
What we see as overnight success of all these people, we fail to recognise that:
1. They had been creating content for long before the “overnight success” happened.
2. The life altering success happened just once, however they continued their relevance by working hard on future projects, instead of being complacent.
What is this trying to teach us?
1. It takes the good old hard work to get to the success.
2. It takes hard work even when we don’t feel like doing it.
3. Maybe very few of us will have this overnight success, however, we will always have a version of success where we were proud while going to bed, instead of being regretful.
It’s a choice we get to make, every single day.
1. Maturity in life is accepting that someone in family that was closest to you dome day, isn’t close anymore.
2. When you don’t check an email / notification immediately because it isn’t important, you become more powerful. (PS: 95% aren’t important.)
3. Speak your truth even when your voice shakes. The only person going to be with you from start of life to end is you, and if you don’t speak your truth, do you really want to live with a liar all your life?
4. Parkinson’s Law is as real as gravity.
5. Focus. Focus. Focus is the ultimate asset.
1. Taking notes while reading is an excellent way to grasp (and re-read) important information.
2. Don’t worry about the next 8 years, think about the next 8 days and executing super hard on them.
3. “Don’t charge for how much time it takes you. Charge for the value you provide.” – Ankur Warikoo
4. Hanging around with the right people is priceless. Even if you’re paid less, figuring out how to earn money from other sources would be easier.
5. What you think about, you being about. Never the other way round.
6. Spending less time on Twitter and Instagram is a phenomenal saving of your time. Time = money. Period.
7. Feeling sad is a habit more than circumstances. So is feeling happy no matter what.
1. The only way to feeling good is listening and reading inspirational stuff. This may sound boring, however once you start, it ain’t leaving you.
2. But that exposure to stuff won’t change your life. Your life will be changed when you move out of the noise and reflect on what all you learnt. When you become your own teacher and give yourself some homework, that’s when life changes.
3. Your old habits are waiting at your doorstep if you’re not strict with enforcing your newer, better habits.
4. Where there is true love, you accept people as they are.
5. If you want to change something with them, it’s perhaps because they’re reflecting your insecurities and incompleteness.
That’s it for today, folks! See you tomorrow 😌.
Learn, instead of repenting.
1. Never take a decision with a bad mood. See after two weeks of right mood if that was the right decision.
2. Replacing Instagram with Medium is the best emotional investment ever.
3. Paying your bills on time is a reflection of how eased out your life is.
4. Having to tap dance at work is the goal you have signed up for.
5. There is incredible upside in being honest. Never give up on being that.
Some of the life lessons that have been helping me tremendously these days. Hope they will do the same to you.