When you are angry, don’t respond.
When you are angry, trust yourself it will get better.
When you are angry, go outdoors (yes, even balcony would help.)
When you are angry, do NOT reach out to your phone.
And next time when you are angry, and you calm down, ask yourself, how to protect yourself from the same thing next time?
Some productivity tips, not season specific or specific for place you’re working from.
Work every time, you just need to decide.
1. Don’t receive a call on the first time, unless it’s scheduled. It turns out, when you will call them back an hour or two later, the “important” work would’ve been resolved. So would be your time be saved.
2. Take a nap post lunch, do NOT engage in phone after lunch. Will make you happier, and of course, more productive.
3. One minute, every hour – take a break. Move, or sit still. However, just a break.
4. Have your goals for tomorrow, tonight itself. Your mornings will be saved from internet in the morning.
5. After having the goals for tonight, tell everything to God. Everything – good or bad, meetings, aha moments, etc., during the day – give it to Him. Surrender all good as a gratitude to Him, surrender all that is not good, to him to handle. You will be mesmerized at how your life starts falling in place.
That’s it folks! I could write a ten more; however doing less makes chances of execution better.
“I tell them to do this a lot, they don’t listen to my advice.” We think this a lot about other people, don’t we?
A bigger question to consider could be:
Do you keep a tab of what advice do you give to yourself? Do you execute on that advice?
If the answer is “no”, now you know why they don’t execute.
If you do execute on your own advice, there’s no reason others won’t.